Sunday, September 18, 2011

No more cell phones

While I was in Xian I had to carry a cell phone because if a student needed to talk to a faculty member I had to be able to answer the phone and listen.  When someone is going to the hospital, you need to know that bit of information.  I was sending text messages as I was boarding the plane to return to the USA.  Since I have been in the states, I do not carry a cell phone or actually talk on the phone.  I just did learn how to check my voice mail at work.  When you don't do something for 6 months you tend to forget.  I am back on track now.  After six months I had three messages and all of them were current.  One was to check a reference on a student that had made the study abroad trip to China and one was to help out with a community project that was welding related.   I think I was a little late on the employment reference and I am sorry about that but he got the job and I was able to reinforce the fact that he will be an excellent student worker.
The community service project went well and I was able to, not only cut their steel rebar, but donated a marble top table to their garden area.  More important, while I was cutting the steel, they unloaded the table from my van.  I have moved that table for the last time.  I did not get any pictures but they did and I will post the link and share that project with you, when I get back in my email.

No comments:

Post a Comment