Friday, October 14, 2011

Speaking at Paul Resnick's class

I will be speaking about my time in China to the students of Professor Paul Resnick on November 8.  I will have to check the actual class and times.  I am looking forward to sharing my experience with the students. I was thinking it may be interesting while I am talking to try and do a QQ video chat so some of my students could see what an American class room looks like and the American students could probably see what a Chinese dorm room looks like.  Of course I don't know how to use QQ well enough to do that and I can not read the Chinese well enough to figure it out.
I am looking forward to talking about my time in China.  I am a product of the community college experience and I have been very fortunate to be able to maximize my opportunities while I have been at ICC.  I am going to miss being at an education facility when I retire.  What I like about my job is that I am at a college and I get to teach, be around the faculty, and the students.  A community college has so much to offer a person and it is affordable.  I have students in my welding class that use the classroom as an art studio.   You sign up for class and for 16 weeks you have a very good space to work, good equipment to work with, and a fantastic instructor.  The place is well ventilated and is heated during the winter.
Today the Chinese Club went to Chicago to China Town.  I would have liked to go but I do need to get something done for the Guatemala coffee project.  I am sure Ava will tell me about the trip.  I do need to get some supplies for hot pot and make Jiao Zi before too much longer. It has been a busy day time to relax and hope the Cardinals win.  Friends of mine, that I met in Xian, are going to be teaching in Riga, Latvia in a few weeks.  I need to find out more about that.  Matt Fuller was in China and I think he has a copy of the China Daily that has the printed copy of the article that Rob Rogers wrote about his time in Xian.  I have found travel to be so interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment