Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Korea airport

I am in the Korean airport wait for my flight to LA.  At 12:33 AM on Wednesday morning I will arrive at the Chicago Airport. After the ride home I will be in Peoria around 4:30 or so.  It has been a wonderful stay in China. I have enjoyed teaching my classes to the Chinese students.  One thing about the Chinese people they are hard working and they are very nice.  I have met a lot of people that I hope to see again.  I find it interesting that people I know in the USA have been able to communicate with people that I know in China.   The world is getting smaller and the world is getting more interesting.  Every year JoAnne and I meet more and more people from all over the world.  We have been fortunate to have the opportunities to do this.  I hope that JoAnne and I can return to Xian and teach here.  It would be nice to do so before the students that I know graduate.  Here they go to school three years.  China is so different and yet it is similar in many ways.  The main way the countries are similar is the people. In the Midwest, not the Global Midwest, but the real Midwest, where people farm and and live in small towns, the people in China are very nice and work hard and the people in the Midwest are also very nice and work hard.  When people from different countries get together many times friendships develop.  It is the people of the world that make travel what it is, a wonderful experience.  To go some place and only be there for four months and yet meet people that you will think about for the rest of your life is a wonderful thing.  I have meet many nice people on this trip and some of them live in Chicago.  That is what I like about travel.  Another thing is that by leaving your home you realize just how special the person is that you share that home with.  I will be home in just hours, Jo.  I miss you.
We also need to work on that information about Mongolia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment