Friday, June 10, 2011

Smiling faces

For the last four months every time I walk in or out of the hotel I see one of these smiling faces behind the lobby desk.  I will see one of them on Tuesday morning when we all leave to go to the airport.  I just wonder how long it will take to adjust to life back in Peoria.  Not hearing fireworks every day three or four times a day.  Not having some one ask you if you just ate, because that is a way to say hello.   Having to pay more than 1.25 dollars for a meal. Not seeing hundreds of Chinese people walking down the street.  Saying, "boy is it hot and humid today."  Eating off my own plate for the first time in four months.  So much will be different.
Driving a care again and actually seeing people stop at the lights and obey the traffic laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment