Saturday, June 4, 2011

My first Xian Foot massage

After a breakfast of Zong Zi and Starbucks coffee it was off to the Metro for my last trip to the international market.  Tim and I sorted out the stuff that we needed to gift people here and then we headed out to the KFC to try it.  The KFC in China is much different from the KFC in the USA. Some of the side dishes are the same but the chicken is fixed different and you really don't order a bucket of it.
We ate and walked across the street to get our McDonald's coffee for Sunday morning breakfast.   I have been at McDonald's more in China than I ever have in the USA and that is to just get the coffee.
A cup of coffee and a durrian, the stinky fruit and I am ready for Sunday morning breakfast.  Next thing on the list is the foot massage.  I have never had one at Xian but I have heard they are really good.  Why not try one. 
They start off by working on your head.  The rub your head, pull your hair, and all that kind of stuff.  After she finished I said, "nin gei wo tou tang."  Which means you gave me a headache and then I had to explain that I was just kidding and I felt fine. They were all concerned that they would hurt us.  The foot massage was really nice and at times they did hurt me, a little.
After they worked on your feet they applied some mud and then steamed you feet and legs.  The whole process takes 80 minutes and is great.  It costs 88 rmb and that is around 14 dollars in the USA.  I need to get in one more visit in before I leave here.
After the foot massage we got a call from Rob and Ang and got an invite to the Golden Hans for beer and meat, lots of meat.

1 comment:

  1. You did have a great time in China! A foot massage and all these stuff. Who wouldn't want to experience the things you had experienced? I guess most of your readers would love to. :) So, did you actually comeback to have your massage again? I suggest you should try deep tissue massage next time.

    Lani Waugh

    ReplyDelete