Friday, June 10, 2011

My highlight in China

I have been able to go and do many things while I was working in Xian.  I have seen the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, the Temple of Heaven, Hua Shan, the Ming Ma Yong, the beautiful city of Xiamen and if someone was to ask me what I treasure the most about my trip to China, it would be the people that I have met in Building 2 at Xian International University.  I have had the pleasure to teach four classes in this building and meet many nice young students.  I hope that in some way I had been able to help them learn more about the USA, the people that live there, and not only how to improve their English skills but why it is important to do so.  If I could only speak Chinese a little better I could not only help them more in the class room but I could have done more things here.  The reason to learn a language is to use it and the best way to use it is to meet new people and develop friendships.  I hope my being here has motivated some of these students to try and study just a little more and to practice just a little more so that they can speak better.  It will open many more doors for them if they do.  I know that my being here has motivated me to try and learn more and continue to practice and improve my Chinese.  I do want to return and I do want to have the freedom that speaking the language better will give me.  I just have to make a habit of listening, reading, writing and speaking Chinese as much as I can.  Because as you can see I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment