Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Leaving tomorrow

I have the bags packed and weighed.  I am ready to go.  Tomorrow I get on the Peoria Charter Coach and head to the airport.  Thursday morning at 1 AM we leave for Xian.  We have 18 hours of flying time and about 6 hours for the lay overs and then 2:30 PM, Friday we will arrive at Xian.  That is when the adventure will start.  We will find out what the people of XAIU have planned for us to do.  I hope we get time for a good nights sleep.  I am sure they have something planned.  I know we will need to go shopping and we will need to get our cell phones.
I will actually carry a cell phone, because students will need to be able to get a hold of me if they need to.  Carrying a cell phone is something I have never done before.  At work I have carried a radio in my back pocket for over 30 years but I don't carry a cell phone.
At the North campus my co-workers had a farewell lunch for me.  Nothing says have a good trip like a 5$ hot and ready pizza.  Thank you all very much.
Tomorrow JoAnne and I will go out to eat and then I will go meet the bus.  JoAnne will go to ICC North for the Culinary Arts Supper and taste the foods of Latin America.  The culinary arts meals are one thing I will miss while I am in China.  I do hope to bring back some cookbooks for the culinary program.  I also hope to learn how to make some real Chinese food.

No comments:

Post a Comment