Friday, February 18, 2011

My life in Xian, packing the suitcases

February 24, 1 AM, I will be flying out of Chicago to start the journey of a lifetime.  I have wanted to visit China for as long as I can remember and soon that dream will come true.  At Xian I will be teaching Conversational English to Chinese students and helping to supervise 23 college students from the College of Lake County.   I will also be in class to help me improve my Mandarin, and learn more about the Chinese culture.  I want to observe how welding is taught in China, and hope to spend some time in their metal sculpture lab. I have much to do before I leave.  I did want to write something and start the blog process.

2 comments:

  1. Eric, We are thrilled for your travel opportunity to China. The students, both American and Chinese, are the lucky ones to have you in their group. Wish I could go along and have your coffee (or tea) ready every morning for you. This blog is a great idea and we'll look forward to reading about your experiences. Safe travels! ~ Cheryl & Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have you in China, but it is little bit far away from my city. Hopefully, I will have an opportunity to go there to meet you, or you can come to our city as well,lol.
    Have a safe trip.

    your Chinese exchange student,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete