Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waiting to Leave

The waiting to leave is the hardest thing to do.  I am ready to leave and JoAnne is ready for me to leave and we have to wait until 5:30 PM before I can get on the Peoria Charter Coach.  Had a nice meal at Carl's Bakery in East Peoria.  Nothing says farewell like a meal at a place with a large chicken outside.  I have everything packed and ready.  I could weigh the bags again but four times is enough.  I am not looking forward to a long ride in the plane but that is what you have to do to get to China.
I will miss seeing JoAnne's art piece, "fireworks over the river," in the mornings when I get up and pack my lunch in the kitchen.   I like the way to light from the kitchen reflects off the mirrors and sparkles on the wood floor.   It is interesting what you worry about at this time.  JoAnne asked, "What do I do if something breaks?"  I usually take care of things like that.  For me the question is what do I do if I have computer problems.  JoAnne usually takes care of that.  I will have to ask some of the students to help me learn how to fix the computer problems that I might encounter on the trip.  We have enough students that know what they are doing that I should be OK.  Next time I post something I should be in Xian.

2 comments: