Saturday, February 19, 2011

Thoughts about leaving

Thursday at work I was cleaning up the work bench, finishing up paperwork, and in general getting things ready for when I leave.  I was also listening to the music of Aaron Copland.  I think Copland has written music that, to me feels like America.  All of a sudden it hit me,"I am going to China."  I realized that I would be away from my wife, my life as I know it, and my county.  I got a little misty eyed.  By traveling to China,the rest of  my life will never be the same.  I have chosen to have this be a positive experience.  Why shouldn't it be.  New experiences, new friends, new things to do, new foods, new smells and the fear of walking in to a classroom and doing something you have never done before with no real preparation.  I guess this is kind of  what graduate school is like.
I have some ideas about how I want to conduct my class and will share those with you later.  I am also willing to listen to any ideas that anyone might have as to how best to teach Conversational English to Chinese students.
Thought for today, "Life is like a cigarette, smoke it to the butt."

No comments:

Post a Comment