Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Good Friends in Xian

One thing I will miss when I return to the USA is seeing the friendship that so many of the young girls have for one another.  It is not usual to see two, three, and sometimes four young girls walking arm in arm or hand in hand around the campus.   Zhang Yao and Zhang Pei are very close as you can see by this picture.  Zhang Pei will do a study abroad in Korea and will leave Xian in October.  I have enjoyed the company of these two students and will miss being around them and being able to just observe their friendship.  It has been very special to me and I am fortunate to have had that opportunity. 
One thing about these two students if you see one you are going to see the other. They are that close.  It was a nice day at Cui Hua Shan park a few weeks ago and like I said it is not so much a hike as it is climbing steps.
These pictures are from Zhang Yao's camera and the ones her friends shared with her.  I had Tim Murphy check it the thumb drive on his computer and he found the two viruses.  He removed them and it was OK for me to copy.  You have to be very careful here in China because everything is infected.  They need more Mac's over here but I guess if they had them then someone would write a virus for them too.  Tomorrow I will take the train to Beijing and visit the student that lived with us a few years ago.  This train trip will be in the sleeper car.  I am taking the soft sleeper to Beijing and will probably return on the hard sleeper.  I will not be writing much until later next week.  I should have real stuff to show you, like maybe the Great Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment