Saturday, May 21, 2011

GuZheng concert

Zhang Yao is playing the GuZheng and Zhang Pei is holding the sheet music for her.  Zhang Yao and Zhang Pei are in my Monday afternoon class.  I will go to Zhang Yao's home on Sunday to learn how to make Jiao Zi from her mother and then we will discuss other food that I should be trying to prepare when I get back to the USA.

This what the sheet music looks like for the GuZheng. It is a little different from what I am use to seeing.

I have really enjoyed my time here and it will soon be over.  One nice thing about the Internet, even one as slow and unreliable as this one, is you can keep in touch with people half way around the world.  I do plan to keep in touch.  After all Zhang Yao will be taking a class in American Culture next fall and I should be a good source of information for her. Unless she needs to know about American Popular Culture and then I am a little old for that.  I do have some video of the music and well see if I can QQ it to Peoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment