Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hot and humid, perfect soup weather

The day was hot, humid, and I was in a restaurant that was not air conditioned, so I someone was to yell out, "Hey Grandpa, whats for dinner?", my first choice would not be hot soup and I don't care how many square pieces of pigs blood is in it.  That is what I ate because Xiaoling wanted me to try it.  The soup was good but it was a little too warm for soup.  She just feeds me stuff and feeds me stuff.  Eat, Eat, Eat.  It is part of the culture but sometimes I would like to not feel like a stuffed tick.
The squares of pig's blood do not taste that bad.  I had some this morning for breakfast. You get use to the food and in time it becomes what is normal.  I hope the cookbooks I got will be good ones and I can learn how to make some of the food I am eating now.  Tomorrow is the last day of the Labor Day holiday and I will be having lunch at Xiaoling's parents home and then she and Jian Gu will take me to the airport.  I will miss all of them very much.  Xiaoling's husband is a very nice man.  He is so calm. He is always a calm and steady person.  Many times when Chinese people talk you can never tell if they are mad, happy, sad, or what. As Dr.Murphy says,"I don't know what they are saying but it sure sounds important."  Jian Gu is just calm and easy going, even when Xiaoling is trying to park the car.  Back to Xian and the land of the dust but it will be good to see my students again, the ones from China and the ones from the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment