Thursday, May 19, 2011

The internet is working today, time to write

This is my street, right in front of the college.  I am on my way to the Xian Music College to listen to the HuQin.  I can say the Xian Music College in Chinese just as easy as I can say it in English, because I have practiced those words more.  Walking this way you can go to the barber shop, several restaurants, the Van Guard grocery store, the McDonalds for coffee, and before we leave, the KFC.  KFC is a popular chain here but it is Chinese food and not American.  So we are going to eat there to see what it is like.  I have only eaten Western food maybe 10 times since I have been here.  Today the sidewalk is not crowded.
I walk two blocks to the Van Guard store, get on the #14 bus and when it makes the first real left turn, I get off and walk back across the street, using the over head walk bridge.  I then continue to walk about three blocks and I am at the entrance to the Music College.  They have some type of music every night.  It is free and it is very good.  Some of it is Chinese classical music and some of it is Western classical music.  It is a nice music hall and the location is very beautiful.
You walk down this nice little street once you enter the college gate.  It is quite a change from my campus and what I see every day.  The trees on both sides of the road are big enough to cover the road.  I like it here. It is a nice and relaxing way to spend the evening.  A real calm before the storm of trying to get on a bus to return home.
This is the music hall from the front.  The street is behind it and to the right.  You walk about a quarter of a mile to get here.  Like I said it is a nice walk.  If you arrive at 7 or 7:15 you will have no problem getting a seat.  You will also get a program that you can not read.
The young lady on the left is playing the HuQin, an ancient Chinese stringer instrument, and the other woman is playing the Yang Qin.  I like both of these very much.  I hope to go one more time to hear some more Chinese music.  But I will leave in June so my time here is quickly passing bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment