Thursday, May 12, 2011

More on the trip to WuWei

This is the view of downtown WuWei from my hotel room window.  I had asked Zhang Kai how big WuWei was and he had told me it was 1000 people.  He also told me he had a sleeping seat for me, too.  I think a few more people than a thousand live here.  Since our return train was not leaving until 6 PM we had some time to kill and decided to see the sites.  First lets go see some temples.
I have always liked the way these temples are carved.  They are really nice to see and to me very relaxing.
Just more of the same temple.  I have seen several of these temples in the short time I have been here and still enjoy them.  After this the next stop is to see the symbol of Chinese tourism.  Zhang Kai is very proud of this.
I will let the sign speak for itself.  The unearthed the logo of Chinese Tourism.  This is what put WuWei on the map.
 This is the symbol of Chinese tourism.  It is not this big.   It was actually less than a few square feet but this  is what it looks like.  It reminds me of a Saturday morning cartoon horse.
If you are Chinese and showing the Wai Lao person around you may as well take a few pictures.  Wai Lao is the name given to most foreign visitors.  After seeing this sites it was time to move on to another temple and then tea in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment