Friday, April 8, 2011

Back for clams, crayfish, and mussels.

We went back to the little beer garden and enjoyed some crayfish, mussels, clams, and a few beers.  As the weather gets better many outside food type beer gardens start to open.   You can just walk up to the food and point out what you would like for them to fix.  The crayfish were good but still is a lot of trouble to get that tail meat.  I liked the mussels the best and would order them again.   The had some fish and tofu that looked good.  If you are hungry this guy will cook it up for you and laugh at the idea that you want to take his picture.
  So many choices.
It is hard not to like Crayfish and beer, even when you have to work so hard to get that tail meat out. Saturday is the weekly trip to the Metro and in two weeks it is the trip to Beijing.  I am looking forward to seeing some old friends in Beijing.  I also got to Skype with JoAnne today.  It is strange to be 13 hours apart, in different time zone, and in a different day and yet still feel more in love with some one and closer to them than you were on the day you left home.  As much as I enjoy the experience I am having here I still miss my sweet wife and look forward to spending time with her when I get back.  As we were walking back to the campus I asked Tim Murphy what is it going to be like to return to the USA and walk down a street and not see Chinese people.  He said, "and not see so many people."  It will be different.  We are not in Xian any more, Toto.  The weather today was very nice.  After class I sat out on the balcony, ate peanuts, the little kind in the shell that JoAnne likes, had a beer, and watched the bats fly around.  It was nice to just relax.

2 comments:

  1. I just looked for those little peanuts at the Asian store last week, but they either don't carry them anymore or they were out. Wish I was out on the balcony with you--even with bats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what sweetheart I also wish you were out on the balcony with me. We could have little peanuts and that sparkling wine that I have in the frig. Oh that would be so nice especially if we had a cat.

    ReplyDelete