Saturday, April 9, 2011

Just relaxing and enjoying a free Saturday here in Xian

I have some little, salted, in the shell peanuts, a beer, and my feet up on the balcony rail, what a nice way to relax on a warm Saturday afternoon in Xian.  It was a nice day today, tee shirt weather, with the sun out.  I think Sunday will be a nice day to play touch rugby.  I was also trying to remember, not counting today, when was the last time I fell out of a tree. Oh the adventures I am having.  I did get my debit card issue taken care of.  I was at the Metro and was going to get some cash before shopping and the card was denied.  I tried it again here on campus and had the same result.  I got on the computer and used Skype to contact the bank.  They had me down for only being in China until the end of March.  I know that I told them I would be in China until the 15th of June and they repeated that to me.  I guess they must automatically do things to screw with you.  I will for sure call them again before I go to Beijing or Xiamen and make sure that I can get money before, during, and after that trip.  We are going to go to Beijing in a couple of weeks and will be leaving on the 25th.  I would like to see Beijing and James Zhang, the exchange student that lived with us.  He is in college now and studying to be an electrical engineer.  We also get a holiday on that Monday.  I was thinking that once I see James, his family, the Great Wall, and the Forbidden City that I may as well head out for Xiamen and see old friends.  That would probably be on the 28th and I could stay until that Monday and use the Monday as a travel day.  The last few days of the Beijing trip are just shopping days and I was told not to bring anything home.  Everyone that I talk to tells me Xiamen is a beautiful city and a beautiful place.  The people that I would like to see have told me that.  So I would like to go and I can only miss so much school.  It has been about 4 years since I have seen my friends.  I have to do some checking on this and make the arrangements and do some things to keep my Beijing costs down.  I do not need to buy a train ticket if I am not going to use it and I do not need a hotel room if I am not staying in it.  The Beijing trip is only 408 dollars but I may as well save as much money as I can.  I will know more about that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment