Friday, April 8, 2011

Waiting for the welding shop to open

I had some Chinese words written on my notepad, a pack of Marlboro cigarettes in my pocket, my camera, and the confidence that I could communicate as walked out the back gate to find the little welding shop on the street.  When I got there I found the door shut and the guy was off at another job.   I waited around for a while but decided to walk back to the campus and get ready for rugby practice.  I will try again on Monday.
I do know this guy has a small MIG welder.  I can tell he did not tack this together with a stick machine.  I was even wearing my safety glasses and side shields.  This is the side street that is located behind the campus.  It is a little different from the street in front of the campus. 
The main difference on this street is the people you see.  The back street has more older people on it  and is not as crowded.  The front street is full of young students but the back street does not have that many students on it.  I did see few of my students but many of the people are just adults going about the daily routine.  It is also funny that I once smoked Marlboro cigarettes and I didn't know how to spell it and I think I always pronounced it wrong.  I always added an extra A to it.  That is all in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment