Friday, April 22, 2011

Sports Meet

The place was packed this morning as we all, and that means the ones that woke up in time, were ready to march out for the opening ceremonies.  All the different divisions of the school had different uniforms and competed in the events.  We are part of the Xian Foreign Business Students division.  We are the Americans, the Koreans,and a few students from Italy.  This is the group that was behind us.
We got to march out just like at every other type of event of this kind.  It was interesting to see so many people in one place and to have about 13 of us in the group.
After the opening ceremonies were over we dashed off to play some rugby as part of the demonstration. This was the first event to jump start the Sports Meet. 
The Chinese team and some of the International Instructors are playing the CLC group.  The big man with his back to us is Rob Rogers the Coach.   One of the Chinese players, Ju Hao, was on the rugby team.  When ever he got the ball in practice the coach would always yell out, "Just run, Ju Hao."  I was joking with him that his name was Ju Hao and his family name was Just Run, and he would explain to me that his family name was, Wang, which actually makes for a better story. 
This is a picture of some of the players.  Later we had the professional photographer and the video crew take our pictures.  After the photographer took his pictures he got in the picture and had the video guy take one of him.  They do like to takes pictures here.
After a short rugby game and the excitement of the opening ceremonies, nothing beats relaxing on the balcony and enjoying that third cup of real coffee.  What a day, perfect weather, not too hot, a nice breeze.  It was a great way to spend the day.  Tomorrow I get to check in, get my number, and represent my school and my country.
I was talking to some of the young women that were working at the Sports Meet.  One girl asked my if I could speak any Chinese.  I said a little.  I said, in Chinese, please give me a bottle of beer and you are very pretty.  I then had a lot of young girls that wanted to get their picture taken with me. It is fun to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment