Friday, April 22, 2011

First day of the Sports Meet

It was quite exciting to be small part of the Xian University Sports Meet.  The opening ceremonies were nice.  We walked around the track just like the other students, only our uniforms did not match.  It was very nice to see Chinese students, that you do not know, smile at you and cheer for you.  It was really special for me to see my students, and to see them smile and wave at me.   Tomorrow I compete in something.  I will find out what it is at 10 am.  That is the way things are here and if you just take it in stride you will do fine.  If you get upset, it will drive you crazy.   I was in the Rugby demonstration, and after the video and the pictures I got to relax and do something I have not done in two months, drink three cups of real coffee. I will eat something and then see about posting pictures of the sports event.  I was glad to be a small part of this day and I look forward to tomorrow.
Next week I travel to Xiamen to see old friends, to relax, and be on a little vacation.  You may think this is a vacation, and it is, but I still have to work.  If you can call do something you enjoy work.  It is work because I really do want my students to learn something from me.  The whole time I have been writing this I had heard fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment