Saturday, April 16, 2011

Laundry day


I had some problems posting the blog last night and had thought I would have to everything over but what I had written was still on the site.  Today is just a typical Sunday.  Not much different about it here or back in the USA.  Do somethings that need to be done and try to relax a bit before you start the work week all over.  The weather here the last week has been wonderful.  Around 80 degrees and the sun is out, well the sun is out the best it can be out here.  They say it gets hot here and is more humid the more you get in to summer.  I like it at 80 degrees.  Last night sitting outside watching the show was perfect weather.  The area for the show reminded me of being at Mount Rushmore for the night show.  The same type of place, with the mountains in the back.  There was places to eat and drink and little stores.  The place was pretty to look at with the lights and you got the feeling that people knew they were going to see something special.  And they did, oh yes, they saw something very special.  Now that I am such a cell phone text messaging person I can only say, OMG, what a show.
Now back to my ordinary Sunday and the laundry.  I took a while to learn the best way to do the laundry here.  If you use the automatic machines it takes forever and if you use the manual machines you have to be there to spin them and fill the rinse water.  The manual machines can do a load in less than one hour.  I use them and then check the time go up and spin and then rinse and go back and spin again.  It works will if I do it first thing in the morning.  Not many students are up and the hotel staff has not started working on the hotel laundry.
It is not really hard, you just follow the instructions.  Just like everywhere else, if someone has finished a load of clothes and not came back for them, you just place them on a chair and use the machine.  And you never lose a sock in the dryer, because you hang everything on the clothes line.

No comments:

Post a Comment