Friday, April 1, 2011

He runs, he scores

  • Rugby practice today and I scored a, what ever they call it.  Intercepted a pass, handed it off before I got touched, followed the play to receive the ball, and crossed the goal line.  Oh, yeah.  Today we picked up the pace of the game.  It was moving a little faster.  During today's practice it was more important to get back the 5 meters so you were not offsides and basically out of the play and useless to your team.  Today's game was more fun.  Many of the players are learning the rules better.  I really do like the touch rugby and think it is good game for fitness and it is fun.  We had four teams of six so the students like it also.  In a couple of weeks we will have the demonstration at the big sports competition. 
  • Today in my Chinese class, the one I am taking, the Lao Shi had some of her Chinese English Major students come to class to work with the American students.  There was a knock on the door, and when she opened it there were 6 of my students in the hallway.  They were smiling and waving at me.  Oh that is so much fun to see, and something I will miss, and miss a lot when I return home.  I was trying to find out the best way to ask if it is ok to take a persons picture or a picture of someone doing something.  We had little communication problem.  I would say, "No, I don't want a picture of me with someone, I want to take a picture of someone."  I then explained about my haircut and that I want to take pictures of my hair cut.  She was confused as to why I would want a picture of me getting my haircut.  I can see her point.  She also asked me if I like Chinese woman and I said, "Wo dou xihuan, bu gaosu wo de airen." At least I know JoAnne will never figure that one out, because she can't read pin yin and Ava would never tell her. So far everything is still new and exciting here.  I have not had the feeling that I want to return or that I miss things.  I do miss my wife but I still wake up to a new day and look forward to seeing new things, even the simple things.  We will see if I still feel that way after working Saturday and having it rain on Sunday and get colder.  I am not sure if my spell check is working now.  Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. It's a good thing JoAnne doesn't have any one to tranlate what you thought of Chinese women. Oh, wait-------

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. It's only a matter of time, and your secret will be out. :)

    ReplyDelete