Monday, April 25, 2011

Hot here

We have worn shorts for the last two weeks but it was just nice comfortable weather and now it is going to get  hot.  Like in the 90's.  We were invited to "hot pot" for supper and the restaurant did not have air conditioning so the "hot pot" was hot.  As you can see from the pictures of the Sports Meet, the weather is nice here.
They say it gets hot here and gets hot fast.  So I shall see.  I had to supervise a student taking a physics test today and I think it will email the test to him rather than take the bus to the Bell Tower.  I need to see how well the JPG files will send. 
This is the stuff I get to do here.  Boy the fun never stops.  Last night at midnight I got to tell one student to not sleep with his music turned up so loud and I told another group to not make so much noise that late.  Now I am emailing a test to someone.  This morning I had to yell off the balcony to the Chinese kid that likes to read aloud, and I mean like in shout, his assignments, at 7 am.  I was awake but did not want to hear it and Dr. Murphy was trying to sleep and he sure didn't want to hear.  So I told him to shut up in English and Chinese.  He did and he left.  Dr. Murphy was very pleased about it.  They have just blown off three very loud fireworks here at 11:20 pm so why should I complain about a kid yelling his lesson.  Oops, make that four now.
We have about 8 million people living in Xian and John, that's is his English name, the young man in the middle is in every picture any one takes here.  He is all over this campus.  He calls me Eric Teacher.   There are a lot of people here that I am going to miss.  I just hope I will continue to use my QQ account and keep in touch.  I have a physics test to email and I need to pack my bags for Xiamen.  I leave on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely I will tell you how to use QQ overall so that you can contact with people in China

    ReplyDelete