Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Italian meal at the Western Restaurant

Today one of the CLC students made an Italian meal for the students and the Chinese guests.  Tony had food for about 50 people.  It turned out fine.  For many of the Chinese this was their first taste of Italian food.  There was a salad, fresh fruit, vegetables, garlic bread, pasta, and chicken parmesan.   I got to help out in the kitchen and help with the bread, the chicken parmesan, and the plating.  I also took some pictures. 
This is a picture of the people that helped prepare our meal.  The American is the Tony, a student at CLC.  I did enjoy being in the kitchen and helping out a little.  There was some communication problems but things went quite well.  I was looking at the electrical box on the wall and thought, "I got to get a picture of that," and then I saw the one kitchen helper cleaning the mop in the sink because she was going to scrub the floor.   Rather than just take that picture and maybe offend someone, I decided to take a picture of the lady making hamburgers and get the other stuff in the background.
You can see the fuse box to the right of the ladies head and also the two people cleaning the mop in the sink.  Right after that she did the floor.  After taking the picture I went out and ate the meal.  That is what you do.
It was set up nice and everything turned out fine.  Enough food and enough favor to go around.  Good job, Tony.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe that's why people in China don't usually eat raw food--like salad.

    ReplyDelete