Monday, April 11, 2011

I am on QQ now!

I have my QQ account set up and have done QQ chat with some students here at Xian.  QQ is a message, email, type of facebook system they use here in China.  I hope to be able to remember how to use QQ and do post messages on QQ as a way to keep in touch with my Chinese students once I have returned to the USA.  Maybe I could get Ava to help me with this.  I use the international QQ and it is easier for me follow.  The Chinese QQ was all in Chinese and I could not figure how things worked or how to send a message.  I had a student help me and I think things will be OK now.  I ate too much for supper and I think I need to take a nap now.  Yesterday I took a nap after rugby practice and woke up at 1 o'clock in the morning and went right back to sleep.  I may do that now.  One thing nice about QQ is you can get the news, weather, email, and whatever else you need on the QQ system.   And the name, QQ, I like the way it sounds.  My QQ number is 1721808630.  We had some problems with communication when the student was helping me to get my QQ set-up.  I was spelling my name ERIC and when you say E and R in Chinese it sounds like I am saying 1 and 2.  She thought I was giving her numbers, as in Yi, Er, San, Si, WU, etc and I was just spelling my name ERIC.   It is funny but I guess you just have to be here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment