Saturday, March 12, 2011

City wall again

After the faculty shopping trip to the Metro International store the about half of the students went to the City Wall to ride the bikes around it.  It was a perfect day around 70 and the sun was out. We all had a nice bus ride to the south gate.  The 800 bus will take you there for 15 cents.  I got to use my student ID and that saved my 3 dollars buying my ticket to get on the city wall.  The 90 minute bike rental is 20 yuan or about 3.40 dollars.  After the bike ride we ate something at the street vendors that was fantastic.  I fried bread product stuffed with chicken, broccoli, lettuce, tofu and spices.  It was very good and 1 dollar.  We stopped at Starbucks so Prof. Murphy could enjoy a real cup of coffee.  I guess he has not grown fond of the instant Nescafe that we have been drinking.  We were able to find the dumpling restaurant and enjoyed dumplings with several of the students.  We then returned to the campus, sat out on the balcony, enjoyed a couple of beers and watched the fireworks.  They shoot off fireworks all the time here. Every night so where you can see fireworks. Tomorrow I learn how to play touch rugby, do laundry, prepare for class, study for class, and do some shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment