Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saint Patrick's Day in China

I had never celebrated St. Patrick's Day until this year.  If you are going to celebrate the holiday for the first time it may as well be in China. What better place to wear a green hat. What I like about this group of students is, they all really seem to like each other.  We do not have this group of five, and this group of two, and these three people that stay be themselves.  Everybody mixes and you see five people talking and a little later there are still five people but three of them are new faces.  That really should make our job easier to do.  It was good to see everybody out having a good time.  The American students were mixing with the Chinese students and the locals were mixing the foreigners.  It was just a good time.  I said to a Chinese man in my best Mandarin," Jin tian da jia shi Irish." That means, today everyone is Irish.  His response was, "I am sorry I don't speak English."  I still have three months to improve but I think it was the noise and beer that caused the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment