Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Meeting Katie Evans

Last night I met Katie Evans, the person I have been emailing about what my class room experience could be like.  She is from England and has been working here for about 1 and a half years.  We talked about classes over a nice meal down one of those back alleys full of food stalls.  We had some type of sweet and sour meat, another stir fry dish, rice, of course, and some fried mushrooms that were fantastic.  They tasted very close to morels but only better, because they were cheaper.  Dinner for two, less than 6 dollars, so hey, I bought.
I do have my class schedule now.  Monday, I teach Spoken English, from 1:50 to 5:40.  I have two classes with a 20 minute break in between.  Tuesday I teach Spoken English from 3:55 to 5:40 and Thursday I teach Spoken English from 3:55 to 5:40.  On Wednesday I will take the Mandarin Language class from 1:50 to 3:35 and on Thursday morning I will take the Chinese Literature and Art class from 9 to noon.  The classes I will be taking are the same classes the students are in.  I can learn more about China, improve my Mandarin, and at the same time keep on eye on the students.
So far everyone has been very, very nice, and very helpful.  I am looking forward to getting in the classroom and seeing what it is like to try and teach Spoken English.  Just keep them talking is what I have been told and don't let them get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment