Thursday, March 31, 2011

Have you eaten noodles or rice?

I had a student ask me if I had eaten noodles or rice since I have been in China.  I asked her if she had.  Do you realize how difficult it would be to not eat noodles or rice while you are in China, especially if you are living here, on campus.  Just last week I had noodles with my cows stomach and it was quite good, I must say.  At least here you can watch them make fresh noodles and drop them in the boiling water.  I had a student talk about shredded pork and garlic in class and I have the recipe now.  Something to try once I get home.  I have a lot of foods that I want to try and make once I get home.
The students are fascinated with the idea of April Fools day.  I think they believe it is a bigger event that it actually is. I told them it was more important to smaller children but did explain about the  WCBU  fake news broadcast about the high speed river barges that would start traveling between Peoria and Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment