Sunday, March 20, 2011

First cooked breakfast in Xian

I had my first cooked real breakfast in my room at Xian.  It was fine but if you can make oatmeal and eat fruit or have something quick and easy while you do emails and enjoy a fine cup of instant coffee, why cook, and then have to clean up.  If I want an egg or something I can walk to the local cafe or the cafeteria, "shi tang" as they say here.  I can eat for 50 cents why do any dishes.  I am going to have some type of juice and fruit and have some ready to eat vegetables in the frig but no reason to cook and clean up.  It is just is not worth it, and I will not get really good waffles here like at home with real maple sirup. I do have some hard boiled eggs now, and that is OK. The weather is not good here.  It is in the 40's and rainy.  The rain is nice because the air is dry and the dust is bad.  The steady rain will settle the dust.  But the central heat is off because it is spring time now.  Hey, if it is in the 40's and damp who needs the heat on.  At least not back in Peoria where we have to pay for the heating.  Right, sweetie!
This is probably the last time I do this.  Notice my nice little bag of eggs.  I will hard boil some to kind of see how old they are or were.  Everthing sets out here.  If you shop in the market the eggs set out and it you shop in the store that eggs are setting out.

2 comments:

  1. It's almost 60 here today. Perfect weather to open a window or two to air out the house. And since OUR heat is still on, it doesn't get too cold with the windows open. :) I guess I can splurge on the heat bill since you are saving so much on food over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggs are actually a bit alkaline which keeps them pretty safe. Even the quail eggs at Lin Hing in Peoria are not kept refrigerated. Not sure how they get away with that, but they aren't.

    ReplyDelete