Sunday, March 6, 2011

Traffic at the Bell Tower

This is what is so different about China.   Traffic and so many people.  Normally I do not like crowds but this does not bother me because I expected it to be full of people and busy.  At Xian you have the old and the new.  This place was the first capital and has all that history and now it is a modern city and the two exist side by side.  I enjoyed my bike ride around the city wall.  You can rent a bike for 20 yuan and you also pay a 200 yuan deposit.  You can ride for 90 minutes and when you bring the bike back you get your 200 yuan back.  It is a very nice way to see and experience the history of this country. After the ride you can walk through the streets and see the different vendors, get a snack, or have a good meal at one of the restaurants.  The Bell Tower has a music demonstration and guess what, they play bells.  The Drum Tower all so has a music show and they play the drums.  It is a nice way to spend the day.  I got to exercise so I hope I can still get some wellness points.  Just so my wife does not worry about me, you do not cross the street here.  They have a system of underground walk ways that you use to get from the Bell Tower to the other streets.  It is so much safer.

1 comment:

  1. wow!!that's so neat!!!! u can't imagine how crowded it is in shenzhen.

    ReplyDelete