Friday, March 25, 2011

I found a welding shop just outside the campus gate


I had time to kill and decided to walk out the back gate and check out the open air market area.  This area is different from the food alley that we usually walk down.  This area does not get as many westerners walking around.  There was vegetable and fruit stands, meat vendors, food vendors, and little restaurants.  I found this little welding shop.  I am going to go back and see if I can make friends, look around, take some pictures, and maybe do some welding.  I have my SJ Smith welding hats to give away and if I have to I have American smokes to give away.  If they are welders they probably smoke.   I also found an interesting place to get my hair cut.  This little shop looks like the kind of experience that will be the haircut of my life.  I have done my research and know the words for haircut, trim, trim a little bit, and don't make me look bald. I think Professor Murphy may want to go see this.  He said he thought he would wait until he gets back to get a haircut but me I think I want the adventure.  It will only grow back.  Saw some construction worker in this area, working off a scaffolding. That looked a little like Hua Shan and the path to the top.  I guess OSHA has not been around to inspect that site.  Tomorrow we are going to the City Wall to see the sites and enjoy the good weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment