Sunday, March 20, 2011

English.CCTV in China

I was watching the English CCTV last night and saw a show about the railroad and the Chinese workers that helped build it.  It was interesting to see the Chinese "Ken Burns" at work.  The show is on the web at
English.CCTV.com   The series in called "Journeys in Time" and the actual title is "the railroad builders."  I think each episode is 25 minutes long.  I will probably watch some more of this.  It looks a lot like what you would see on PBS and at least here they seem to want to fund the television.  The news is different here.  We don't cover cricket very much in the USA.  The earthquake is still the big story but Libya is starting to take over the air waves now. Right now I am going to take a break and watch a travel show about Shang Hai and then I am off to get that chicken leg dinner at a local restaurant.  I am glad I bought that coat from L.L. Bean.  It is water proof and yesterday I needed it.  The travel show is Travelogue.CCTV.com and I will probably check it out on the web and find out more about Shang Hai and Bei Jing.  Maybe about Hua Shan near here.

No comments:

Post a Comment