Friday, March 11, 2011

Getting ready for the weekend

I will be taking the Xian University bus to the Metro, an international market that sells some things that you don't usually get in China.  There is not much I need to get but I have to shop anyway.  What I miss in the USA is eating a good meal with my lovely wife, JoAnne.  I can not buy that here.  Actually the food has been very good.  We usually eat in cafeteria or walk down the street and eat at the little hole in the wall restaurants.  You can get a good meal for a buck so why cook.  Another foreign Prof. took me through the little alley open market so I may buy some veggies to steam and just keep in the fridge for snacks. He said the tomatoes, sweet potato's, and broccoli were very good here.  I also need some fruit.  If I ride the city wall with some of the students I may get some dates.  They look good.  I am going to eat one of those large dumpling looking things this weekend.  The streets are crowded but is is fun just to walk around here.  It is like living in a travel magazine.  Sunday we are scheduled to play touch rugby.  Will see how that goes.  The one Prof. from New Zealand is in charge of this.  He has been here quite a few years and is a good person to know.  I also have laundry to do, grocery shopping, a lesson plan to do and I have homework to do because I am also taking classes.  I am trying to improve my Chinese and learn more about the Literature and Art of China.  I am very busy.  I will see about taking some pictures this weekend of the downtown City Wall area.  Right now I am going to study and then get some sleep.  I was fine until a few minutes ago and now I am starting to slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment